Rehabilitation in Thalassotherapia Crikvenica
Offer for 10 up to 28 day rehabilitation program in Thalassotherapia Crikvenica
In only two hours flight (from almost any airport in Europe) and a short bus ride you will find yourself breathing in the clear Mediterranean air in the pretty little town on the Adriatic coast.
Thalassotherapia Crikvenica is a modern medical institute that combines the principles of thalassotherapy with the latest achievements in modern medicine, which yields exceptional results in treating diseases of the musculoskeletal and respiratory systems in children, adults and senior citizens. As long as a hundred years ago, Crikvenica was recognised by the first European visitors as the perfect place to relax and convalesce due to its extraordinarily favourable climate.
Thanks to its location in a bay with crystal clear sea next to a pebble beach and a 6 km-promenade, amidst a verdant Mediterranean park, the Thalassotherapia is ideal for thalassotherapy treatments, convalescence and rest.
Services and therapies for children and adults:
- The treatments described below
- Single or double room 3*: air condition, TV/SAT, phone, little fridge, depot, bathroom (shower, hair dryer), balcony, sea side, free Wi-Fi. Rooms for disabled persons available.
- Full board: All meals are served in central air conditioned restaurant, buffet
- Rheumatic, physical or respiratory system treatments
- Specialists’ exams and recommendations
- Free usage of therapeutic swimming pool with sea water, rehabilitation park and open-air gym
- taxes, registration fees
EXAMINATION AND DIAGNOSTICS
Specialist check-up made by a physical medicine specialist, diagnostics if necessary, assessment made by a physiotherapist, defining functional status, prescribing of a treatment plan.
INDICATIONS FOR RHEUMATIC OR PHYSICAL MEDICINE TREATMENT PROGRAM
Rheumatoid arthritis, arthrosis of joints, hip, spine, pain in the neck and back (spondylosis, sciatica, lumbago, diseases of cervical and intervertebral disc)
USUAL DAILY REHABILITATION PROGRAM
Breathing exercises near the sea in the group (30 min) 1x a day, 6 days a week
Exercises in the therapeutic pool with warm sea water (33-34 °C) or in the Hubbard bath for disabled persons (30 min.), 1x a day 6 days a week
Individual manual therapy with physiotherapist based on Maitland, Cyriax or Mulligan concept (15 min.), 1x a day, 5 days a week
TRAVEL AND EXCURSIONS
Flights and transfers are organized by our partner travel agency.
Excursions are offered for the group on the spot. The recommended daily trips are
Island Krk tour, which includes visit to local olive oil producer and wine celler, cultural sights and history of the island
- Istra tour, itinerary to be determined by the group
- Plitvice Lakes National park, a UNESCO Heritage centre